Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7993 - 16/05/2000 09:40 Wish for BBS: "Search" box...
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Now that we're using a current/supported version of the BBS software...

The "Search" feature of the BBS defaults to searching "Bug reports" instead of "All Forums". Is there any way we can re-order that drop-down list so that "All Forums" is the first one in the list?

Oh, and as you can see from my signature, I can't seem to put HTML into my signature any more, only markup tags. Is there a new option on the BBS software to enable HTML in the signature tags?

Tony Fabris (http://www.jps.net/tfabris)
Empeg #144

#7994 - 16/05/2000 11:34 Re: Wish for BBS: "Search" box... [Re: tfabris]
PaulH
enthusiast

Loc: England
Im not sure about the HTML in postings - most of the simple tags
are available as explained in the faq. I guess full html is not used
as it allows people to potentially put unfriendly html in postings.....

I'm not aware of any settings which allow the full use of HTML, I certainly
didn't come across them when setting the new version up.

What particular tags are you missing?

Regards

Paul

#7995 - 16/05/2000 12:33 Re: Wish for BBS: "Search" box... [Re: PaulH]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
What particular tags are you missing?

Let me clarify:

HTML in the postings works fine, as it always has.

But... On the old version of the BBS, my signature contained a single HTML tag... a simple "A HREF" around my name, so that clicking on my name would link directly to my home page.

When the new BBS was installed, the link around my name in my signature quit working. It displayed the raw HTML code of the link tag instead of rendering the link.

Now I have to reformat my signature to utilize the BBS's "markup" features instead of HTML. I thought that there might possibly have been a new feature in the new version of the BBS that allowed or disallowed HTML in the signatures. If it was an optional setting, perhaps there was a way to turn it back on. For instance...

HTML allowed in postings=TRUE
HTML allowed in signatures=TRUE

If such a setting does not exist, I can live with what I'm doing now. The new features of the new BBS more than make up for it.

Now, if only PayPal would start working, I could actually make good on my $10.00 pledge...

Tony Fabris (http://www.jps.net/tfabris)
Empeg #144